Pre-sessional English Entry Requirements
The entry requirements for our Pre-sessional English courses at ESBM are based on your most recent IELTS result (or equivalent), and the English language requirements for the degree course you plan on studying in university.
ESBM requests students to strictly follow our attendance policy, which is no less than 85% attendance at all times. Our class size is limited to 15 students per class.
We accept Academic IELTS, IELTS for UKVI (General Training) and CEFR results from applicants to our pre-sessional courses. Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE) results may be acceptable for admissions purposes. If you do not have any of the standard tests result you can still apply for our General English programmes.
|Course Length||Teaching Hours||Entry Requirements|
|A1: 14 days||84hrs||At least 4.5 or equivalent|
|B1: 14 days||84hrs||At least 5.0 or equivalent|
|B2: 14 days||84hrs||At least 5.5 or equivalent|
Successful students would have knowledge of:
- a good variety of vocabulary common to academic contexts
- ready to use grammar and vocabulary to create a range of written and spoken academic essays and reports
- ready to use texts to increase grammatical and lexical proficiency
- ready to increase reading competence
- how to improve listening and spoken approach in presentations and seminars
- construct spoken English intelligibly and accurately
- referencing and use a range of library and internet resources effectively